Polenta Flour is produced from maize and has its roots in the peasant cuisine of northern Italy. Maize is a cereal that is cultivated all over the world due to its capability of growing under diverse climatic, soil and physical conditions. First produced in northern Italy during the 17th century, polenta contains a fair percentage of both protein and fibre, whilst also offering a good source of minerals and vitamins.
• Contains protein, fibre and several other important vitamins and minerals.
• Rich yellow colour and slightly sweet flavour.
• Cakes produced with polenta can be made without any added fat.
• Cakes made with polenta tend to be moist and dense with a pleasantly grainy texture.
• Added to bakery products for a golden colour and crumbly consistency.
• Delicious addition or gluten-free alternative to flour in biscuits and pastries.
• Fine textured.
• Coarse textured.