Locust bean gum is extracted from the seeds of a carob tree. These trees abound in the hot and dry climate found in Turkey and the Mediterranean. Locust bean gum is an excellent source of soluble fibre and is also low in carbohydrates and fat.
• Contains high levels of soluble fibre.
• Good binding, thickening and emulsifying agent.
• Mildly sweet in flavour.
• Often used to sweeten foods and as a substitute for chocolate.
• Helps thicken and stabilize bakery products such as ice-cream, yoghurt, breads and salad dressings.
• Increases dough yield, gives greater resiliency and improves texture in baked goods.
• Also used to boost the dietary fibre content of gluten free foods and other bakery products.