Textured Soya Protein (TVP) is produced from de-fatted soya bean flakes that are then cut and baked to add texture and is widely used in the meat analogue market. Soya mince is a great replacement for meats such as ground beef, chicken, pork, tacos, burgers, burritos, sloppy joes and other vegan and plant based products. It can also be used as a low cost/high nutrition extender in meat substitute products.
• Granular appearance that produces a chewy texture/mouthfeel.
• Contains a very high level of protein (50%).
• Closely mimics the texture of minced beef once rehydrated.
• Low in fat and carbohydrates.
• Commonly used as a meat substitute in vegan and plant based products.
• Can also be used to reduce cost when used as an additive in meat products.