Xanthan Gum is an indigestible polysaccharide produced through a process of fermentation resulting in a mixture that is dried and milled into a white powder. When added to liquid, xanthan gum quickly disperses and creates a viscous and stable solution. Only discovered around 50 years ago, xanthan gum is now one of the most popular food additives and is considered to be an essential ingredient in gluten free baking.
• Excellent thickening and stabilizing agent.
• Acts as a gluten substitute in gluten free baking.
• Prevents ingredients from separating.
• Neutral, white powder.
• Used to improve the elasticity of doughs and give bakery products a lighter fluffier texture.
• Commonly added to gluten free bread, cake mixes and other bakery products.
• Added to certain foods to protect ingredients from different temperatures and pH levels.
• 200 Mesh.