Potato Fibre is extracted from the skin and cell material of potatoes. An excellent choice, potato fibre offers a balance of both soluble and insoluble fibres. Potato fibre is used for bread production where both strength and moisture are required. An off white natural fibre, potato fibre has a slight odour and taste specific to potato.
• Contains both soluble fibre (43%) and insoluble fibre (57%).
• Provides stabilization, anticaking and water binding capabilities.
• Helps bind products to keep their shape whilst also making them more moist.
• Adds structure and freshness.
• Increases dough yield.
• Used in boiled sausages and hamburgers for improved juiciness due to water retaining properties.
• Can also be used to stabilize the gluten structure and improve the pore structure in baked goods.
• Added to diet and health foods to improve their nutritional profile.
• 200 Mesh.