Teff Flour is produced from grains of teff that have been milled to form a fine powder. Teff is a good source of both protein and fibre, also containing an excellent balance of amino acids and high levels of calcium and iron. Thought to be one of the earliest plants that were domesticated, teff has become a staple of Ethiopian cuisine.
• Very versatile flour.
• Contains beneficial levels of protein and fibre.
• Has an earthy, slightly nutty and sweet taste.
• It has good thickening properties.
• Can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes.
• Commonly used in bakery products such as breads, cakes, biscuits, cookies and brownies.
• Used to add nutritional value to sports bars and drinks.