Oat Fibre is derived from the oat plant. Oats are grown in the cool, damp climate of the north, with countries such as Russia, Canada, and Poland accounting for the majority of the world’s production. Oats are a good source of both protein and fibre, and they are also very high in many vitamins and minerals. Today’s oats are thought to be a descent of two wild oats, the combination originating in Asia although it has now spread across the globe.
• It is natural and insoluble.
• It is a tasteless powder.
• Provides excellent water and oil retention.
• Widely used in the baking industry to improve the nutritional profile of a finished product.
• Also used to improve the structure and texture of breads, buns, cakes, cookies, fillings and sausages.