Poppy Seeds are dried, kidney-shaped seeds produced from papaver somniferum plants, which grow in the warm climate found in the Mediterranean region. These seeds are high in both protein and fibre and also contain valuable minerals and vitamins such as calcium and potassium.
• Very small in size.
• Contains high levels of both protein and fibre.
• Has a blue, grey colour and is nutty in flavour.
• Aids digestion.
• Sprinkled for spice or decoration onto cakes, breads, pastries and biscuits.
• Used to improve the nutritional profile of a finished product.
• Adds flavour and crunch to recipes.