White Sorghum Flour is produced by milling grains of sorghum to form a white flour. Sorghum is widely grown across the world, prospering in the warm climates of countries such as the USA, India, Nigeria and Italy. High in nutritional value, sorghum contains significant levels of protein, fibre, potassium, calcium and iron.
• Excellent source of many important nutrients.
• Gives a flexible texture.
• Improves stability and structure of baked goods.
• Creamy to off-white colour and mild flavour.
• Well suited for flatbreads such as chapatis, rotis and soft tortilla wraps.
• A common ingredient in gluten free products such as cakes, breads, biscuits and snacks.
• Versatile ingredient that can be used in both sweet and savoury recipes.
• Also be used in combination with other flours as a substitute for wheat flour in a variety of baked goods.
• Can be interchanged with maize flour due to similar consistency.