Soya Protein Isolate is extracted from fractionated, de-fatted soya bean flakes. Soya beans are usually grown in regions such as the Americas, China, India and Europe, where temperate climates and higher levels of precipitation are ideal for cultivation. High in both protein and fibre, soya beans are also a good source of vitamin B. Soya beans were first cultivated in China around 1100 BC but were soon also grown in Japan, before reaching the USA in the late 18th century.
• Contains very high levels of plant based protein.
• Light colour and blander flavour compared to the other soy ingredients.
• Excellent water absorption, emulsifying and gelling properties.
• Good water and fat binder.
• Meat and sausages, vegetable ready meals, snacks and other baked goods.
• Often used as a protein booster in plant based and vegan foods.