Red Lentil Flour is a red pulse flour produced from red lentils. Red Lentils are widely cultivated in the cooler climate found in regions India, Turkey and Canada. Lentils have a high protein content and are a good source of fibre, they also contain nutrients such as vitamins A and B, iron and magnesium.
• Contains high levels of protein.
• Source of mineral nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants.
• When combined with a grain, such as rice or barley, all the essential amino acids are present.
• Natural red colourant.
• Also used in the production of pasta and as a substitute for wheat flour.
• Can be used successfully to replicate the texture of meat.
• Used as to give bakery products a natural red colour.