Chipped Sunflower Seed Kernels are sunflower seeds that have been dehulled and chopped into small pieces. Sunflowers are a hardy crop that grows in the warm climates found in regions of Europe and other countries such as Argentina, China and the USA. Sunflowers provide a good source of protein and also contain many vitamins, minerals and other nutrients such as fibre. Sunflowers were cultivated over 5000 years ago by the Indian Americans before being taken to Europe by Spanish explorers.
• Excellent source of protein and also a good source of fibre.
• Small chopped pieces of seed.
• They are full of essential fatty acids (omega) and minerals.
• Nutty in taste and grey in colour.
• Used as an ingredient in bakery mixes to improve taste, texture and nutritional profile.
• Suitable for sprinkling onto foods and salads.
• Can be used in breads and snack bars.